The Montreux Jazz Festival in Villars
The Montreux Jazz Festival is coming to Villars! The MJF Spotlight Sessions program features six evenings not to be missed with concerts by emerging artists and DJ sets.
MJF SPOTLIGHT SESSIONS
After having been exported to London, Hamburg and Zurich, MJF Spotlight is coming to Villars to showcase the stars of tomorrow. Selected by the bookers of the Montreux Jazz Festival, the six artists are among the most promising of pop, soul and R’n’B music.
The MJF Spotlight Sessions will feature: English singer Cherise, who has already opened for Michael Kiwanuka and Jamie Cullum; Debbie, who was featured on Stormzy’s latest album; Belgian singer Mentissa, nominated for a Victoires de la Musique award; up-and-coming indie pop artist Flowerovlove; unclassifiable French artist Aime Simone and Scottish soul-pop singer Joesef.
The concerts will be held on six Saturdays at the theater of the Villars Palace, between February 11 and April 1, 2023. Each evening will start and end with a DJ set at the Villars Lodge.
- Saturday 11 February: Cherise (UK)
- Saturday 18 February: Debbie (UK)
- Saturday 25 February: Mentissa (BE)
- Saturday 4 March: Flowerovlove (UK)
- Saturday 11 March: Aime Simone (FR)
- Saturday 1 April: Joesef (UK)
- 4:30pm – 8pm: Après-ski @Villars Lodge (Free entrance)
- 8pm – 9pm: Concert @Théâtre du Villars Palace (Ticketed entrance)
- 9pm – 0am: DJ set @Villars Lodge (Free entrance)
- Concert: CHF 29.-
- Après-ski & DJ Set: Free entrance
ABOUT MJF SPOTLIGHT
MJF Spotlight highlights the music stars of tomorrow. Created in 2021 by the Montreux Jazz Festival, this project has already brought to light many emerging artists, such as British Sam Ryder, Argentine Nathy Peluso, Belgian Pierre de Maere, French November Ultra and Swiss Priya Ragu and Kings Elliott.
The entire Montreux Jazz Festival team is looking forward to sharing this new musical experience with the people from Villars!
The MJF Spotlight Sessions are hosted in association with the Villars Institute and presented by Swisscom and Julius Baer.