Persons with disabilities
Optimal access to our spaces is a priority for the Montreux Jazz Festival.
For your comfort:
- On the accessibility map (see on the right) you will find the precise locations of all accessibility structures at the Festival (ramps, toilets, drop-off zones…)
- An infirmary is at your disposition.
- Please note that the lakefront promenades are quite crowded on weekends, and getting around in those areas can be difficult at times.
- You must be escorted by our staff to attend the following free venues: La Coupole at the House of Jazz and the Liszto Club. Booking is required at least 24 hours before the concert (upon availability). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 21 966 45 50.
The Procap association is our accessibility partner. The Festival grounds are featured on Procap’s site, accessibilite.ch, which provides information on the accessibility of Swiss cultural events for persons with reduced mobility, sight, or hearing.
In cooperation with Procap Suisse, the Festival organizes free events designed to make music more accessible.
LaVIVA dance party – El Mundo bar from 6 p.m. – DATE TBA
This event is designed for those with and without disabilities, and special needs of persons with handicaps and/or reduced mobility will be provided for — from access to the space all the way to the dance floor itself! The only difference between this event and a night at the discothèque is that no strobe lights will be used.
Singing Hands Day – Music in the Park from 6.30 p.m. – Saturday 18 July 2020
A day dedicated to hearing deficit, including a concert translated into sign language on the stage at Music in the Park
TICKET OFFER FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
The Festival has a ticket offer for persons with disabilities:
- Reduced rate tickets at Auditorium Stravinski, Montreux Jazz Lab or Montreux Jazz Club
- Concert standing ticket offered for one companion
- Access to specially equipped areas
Important: You must order your concert tickets for persons with disabilities prior to the Festival. We unfortunately cannot take reservations on the day of a concert due to limited seating availability.
A dedicated accessibility station is located on Claude Nobs Avenue near the main Festival entrance. Please do not hesitate to visit this station for all manner of practical Festival information.
TRANSPORT & TOILET FACILITIES
Transport Handicap Vaud offers a discounted rate to travel to the Montreux Jazz Festival. For more information, please check the PDF on the right.
Persons with reduced mobility may obtain a parking space near the Convention Centre. Access to this parking lot is reserved for vehicles with official handicap tags, and is subject to availability.
To obtain one of these parking spaces, speak with the staff member coordinating automobile access at the end of Ruelle Emery between the Convention Centre and the gardens of the Fairmont Montreux Palace. One of the staff from the accessibility station will be called and will let you know how full the lot is. If space remains, you will receive a ticket allowing you to enter and exit the parking lot free of charge.
If the parking lot is full, staff from the accessibility station will be happy to assist reduced-mobility guests with exiting their vehicles, and will remain with them while the drivers park in another lot.
2 dedicated accessible toilets are available on the lakefront promenade: next to the “Crêpes” stand and near the Eurotel. The ticketed concert halls all feature conveniently located handicap-accessible toilets (levels B5 and B3).v