Transport & Accommodation
The most practical and ecological way to come to Montreux during the Festival is to use public transportation.
Festival Location mapDownload
Travel smart by favoring public transportation!
The Montreux train station is only a few minutes walk from the Festival site.
- With a usual return ticket or a Mobilis day pass, the return journey can be made until 05:00 am the next morning of the validity indicated on the ticket.
- Seats at the very front of the train: In the long-distance trains there are usually seats free in the front compartments.
- Due to the concerts ending late, after 11:00 p.m., it is not possible to reach all parts of the country and connections with public transport. You can find information on the best connections in the online timetable prior to the Festival and you can plan a night in the hotel or with friends if necessary.
To discover the Montreux Jazz Festival, TGV Lyria offers direct connections from Paris to Geneva and Lausanne.
On arrival, hop on a SBB train bound for Montreux and reach the festival easily.
TGV Lyria has broadened its offer which includes 3 travelling classes (STANDARD, STANDARD 1ERE and BUSINESS 1ERE) to satisfy the needs of all customers. Book your tickets now!
During the day, the VMCV buses run at regular times and are free for ticket holders (on the day of the concert only, on presentation of the concert ticket). In the evening, the VMCV buses extend their schedules as follows:
From the Montreux, Vernex stop:
- Route 201: last departure from Montreux at 02:30, every evening
- Line 204: last departure at 02:30, every evening (2:20 to Montreux, Casino)
- Night bus (Friday and Saturday night) :
– 01h40: Petit-Prince Montreux-Vevey via Blonay (291)
– 02h35: Petit-Prince Veveyse (292)
– 02h36 Petit Prince Vevey-Montreux (290)
– 03h40: Petit Prince Vevey-Montreux via Blonay (291)
Keen on discovering Montreux and the surroundings for free during the festival and experiencing the benefits of a fast e-bike? Sign up for a test ride at the Stromer stand in front of the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace between July 2nd and 17th, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE THAT
- Parking outside of official spots is prohibited. Even if you think you have found a spot that won’t bother anyone, you could well block access by emergency responders or technicians.
MOTORCYCLE AND BICYCLE PARKING
If you come on two wheels, a parking lot is available at the beginning of Avenue des Alpes.
PARKING OF COACHES
There are no special parking spaces apart from those in the town centre along Grande-Rue. It is possible to park at Chillon (after Montreux, in the direction of Villeneuve).
For your commute to Montreux Jazz Festival, take advantage of our limousine service provided by our partner, First. Service done with Mercedes S Class (2-3 seats) and Van V Class (7 seats).
To book a flight to Switzerland, we invite you to use the online platform from our Official Carrier Swiss International Airlines Ltd.
Where can I stay during the Festival?
Online room reservation: as a legacy of being a sought-after holiday destination for the British at the turn of the last Century, Montreux Riviera has a wealth of accommodation options. Nevertheless demand during the Festival is very high and you are strongly advised to make your arrangements early enough to ensure your place in the “Swiss Riviera” sun.