Transport & Accommodation
The most practical and ecological way to come to Montreux during the Festival is to use public transportation.
Travel smart by favoring public transportation!
From 1 to 16 July, the Festival is extending the SBB’s offer by increasing the number of regular trains and offering special trains.
- With a normal return ticket or a Mobilis Day Card, the return journey can be made until 05.00 the morning after the ticket is valid.
- As a rule, you will find free seats in the front compartments of the train.
- Due to the sometimes late end of the concerts, it is not always possible to reach all regions and connections by public transport. Please inform yourself before the Festival about the different connections.
To discover the Montreux Jazz Festival, TGV Lyria offers direct connections from Paris to Geneva and Lausanne.
On arrival, hop on a SBB train bound for Montreux and reach the festival easily.
TGV Lyria has broadened its offer which includes 3 travelling classes (STANDARD, STANDARD 1ERE and BUSINESS 1ERE) to satisfy the needs of all customers. Book your tickets now!
The free VMCV (Vevey-Montreux-Chillon-Villeneuve) bus service on the reinforced routes 201 and 204 is once again offered from 6pm onwards during the week and from 2pm onwards at the weekend; moreover, the service is extended until 4am from Sunday to Wednesday and 5am from Thursday to Saturday.
For the surrounding areas, the “Pyjama Bus”, also accessible free of charge during the festival, operates every evening and the Territet-Glion funicular also offers additional trips.
Some 60 additional bicycle parking spaces are available in front of the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace.
Keen on discovering Montreux and the surroundings for free during the festival and experiencing the benefits of a fast e-bike? Sign up for a test ride at the Stromer stand in front of the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace between July 1st and 16th, 2022.
The Montreux Jazz Festival strongly recommends that you use public transport. Attention, limited parking on site!
As soon as they leave the motorway, motorists are redirected via road signs to the car parks available in Montreux, Villeneuve and La Tour-de-Peilz. Real-time information is broadcast on Cartoriviera and on the illuminated signs at the entrances to the town.
- Illegal parking is strictly forbidden. Even if it doesn’t seem to be a problem, it can hinder the passage of emergency services or technical services.
- Parking on the road is allowed until 5 am (and only in the designated areas). After this time, the roadway must be cleared. Remaining vehicles will be removed by a breakdown service at the owner’s expense.
MOTORCYCLE AND BICYCLE PARKING
Additional two-wheel parking is available on the Avenue des Alpes and near the Eurotel.
PARKING OF COACHES
There are no special parking spaces apart from those in the town centre along Grande-Rue. It is possible to park at Chillon (after Montreux, in the direction of Villeneuve).
For your commute to Montreux Jazz Festival, take advantage of our limousine service provided by our partner, First. Service done with Mercedes S Class (2-3 seats) and Van V Class (7 seats).
To book a flight to Switzerland, we invite you to use the online platform from our Official Carrier Swiss International Airlines Ltd.
Where can I stay during the Festival?
Online room reservation: as a legacy of being a sought-after holiday destination for the British at the turn of the last Century, Montreux Riviera has a wealth of accommodation options. Nevertheless demand during the Festival is very high and you are strongly advised to make your arrangements early enough to ensure your place in the “Swiss Riviera” sun.