The right actions to take in case of a heat wave during the Festival.
HYDRATE YOURSELF REGULARLY
- Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink.
- Eat light and water-rich meals.
- Tap water glass are free of charge in Festival bars.
- Limit alcohol consumption, it increases the risk of dehydration.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE SUN
- Limit direct exposure to the sun as much as possible between 11am and 4pm.
- Take out your panamas, straw hats, caps, bobsleeves and sunglasses!
- Wear loose, ventilated clothing.
- Put on sunscreen!
- The vast majority of the Festival's terraces are covered and allow you to shelter from the sun.
- The Congress Centre is air-conditioned and accessible to the public. Come and cool off in case of extreme heat!
LET’S SWIM, BUT NOT AT ANY COST
- Never dive from rocks or terraces.
- Enter the water gradually (imperative).
- Different water access points exist between the Casino Barrière de Montreux and the 2m2c.
- After a long exposure to the sun, wet your neck and chest generously before entering the water.
- Do not swim directly after eating
POSSIBLE SYMPTOMS OF HEAT STROKE
- Muscle cramps
It is necessary to act immediately: make the person who feels ill drink and refresh and contact the infirmary located at level B3 in the Congress Centre.